- Matthew Heimlich’s DCBA Brief Article “Five Essential Differences Between Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Neglect Cases”
- “They’re Not Going to Even Pay My Medical Bills?” – Issues Getting Medical Bills Into Evidence at Trial
- Can I Get Punitive Damages In My Case?
- 10 Ways to Lose Your Personal Injury Case
- Congratulations to Our Leading and Emerging Lawyers!
Tag Archives: pedestrian accident
Tips to Help Prevent Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Illinois
Walking is becoming an increasingly popular mode of transportation, since it provides people with a healthy and eco-friendly way to travel. According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, around four million Americans reported that they walked to work in the past week. Unfortunately, pedestrians are one of the only categories that have seen an increase in traffic fatalities in recent years, while most other categories of fatalities have decreased. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were nearly 6,000 pedestrians killed in traffic accidents in …
Read More »
What to Do If You Are Hit by a Car as a Pedestrian
The weather is getting warmer in Illinois, and because of this, more and more people are spending time outside. Whether it is though jogging, walking your dog, sightseeing, or simply walking for exercise, it can be fun and rewarding to walk the streets of the greater Chicago area. However, with the increased frequency of pedestrians, there is also an increase in car-pedestrian accidents. Data shows that pedestrian fatalities in Chicago have been rising for the last five years and sadly, 46 pedestrians lost their lives in accidents during 2017. If …
Read More »