- Matthew Heimlich’s DCBA Brief Article “Five Essential Differences Between Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Neglect Cases”
- “They’re Not Going to Even Pay My Medical Bills?” – Issues Getting Medical Bills Into Evidence at Trial
- Can I Get Punitive Damages In My Case?
- 10 Ways to Lose Your Personal Injury Case
- Congratulations to Our Leading and Emerging Lawyers!
Tag Archives: medical bill
“They’re Not Going to Even Pay My Medical Bills?” – Issues Getting Medical Bills Into Evidence at Trial
One of the most common refrains we hear from clients is that they want the at-fault party to pay for their medical bills. This is obvious and understandable. Medical care can be incredibly expensive and exorbitant bills for treatment made necessary by an injury can quickly create financial hardship, especially those who are uninsured or under-insured. However, when trying to resolve injury cases, insurance companies frequently offer settlement amounts less than the charges for the medical care caused by their insured’s negligence. This is a mystery to most people …
Read More »