- Matthew Heimlich’s DCBA Brief Article “Five Essential Differences Between Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Neglect Cases”
- “They’re Not Going to Even Pay My Medical Bills?” – Issues Getting Medical Bills Into Evidence at Trial
- Can I Get Punitive Damages In My Case?
- 10 Ways to Lose Your Personal Injury Case
- Congratulations to Our Leading and Emerging Lawyers!
Tag Archives: injury to the child
Illinois Jury Awards $50 Million in Birth Injury Case
Earlier this month, a jury in Cook County returned a verdict in favor of a family whose child suffered severe injuries during his birth in 2009. The jury awarded the family more than $50 million in damages—reportedly the third-largest medical malpractice verdict on record in the state. The lawsuit was filed in 2014 against NorthShore University Health System, Evanston Hospital, and several doctors and nurses. The health system is expected to appeal the verdict. A Tragic Series of Events In March 2009, a 35-year-old woman went to Evanston Hospital, part …
Read More »