- Matthew Heimlich’s DCBA Brief Article “Five Essential Differences Between Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Neglect Cases”
- “They’re Not Going to Even Pay My Medical Bills?” – Issues Getting Medical Bills Into Evidence at Trial
- Can I Get Punitive Damages In My Case?
- 10 Ways to Lose Your Personal Injury Case
- Congratulations to Our Leading and Emerging Lawyers!
Tag Archives: DuPage County nursing home abuse lawyers
Earlier this week, attorneys Michael Cetina and Matthew Heimlich obtained a verdict of $588,788.18 against a nursing home on behalf of the family of an 84 year-old resident who fell and fractured her hip. An excellent result for deserving clients!
Nursing home residents are trusting the doctors and staff of the facility with their wellbeing at a time when they are less capable of taking care of themselves. If a nursing home is negligent in its care, a resident has a right to compensation for his or her worsened physical condition. Documentation of injuries and expert testimony are important in proving that the resident’s condition is the result of improper care. Residents need people who are willing to testify on their behalf during the case. Resident as a Witness The …
Read More »
As the Baby Boomer generation continues to age, more and more people are requiring the around-the-clock care afforded by a nursing home. Physical disabilities, as well as cognitive disabilities such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, make it hard for many elderly individuals to do the daily tasks of living. Family members who place their relatives in the hands of a nursing home expect that he or she will be treated fairly, kindly, and consistently. Tragically, this is not always the case. Read on to learn signs that your loved one …
Read More »