- Matthew Heimlich’s DCBA Brief Article “Five Essential Differences Between Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Neglect Cases”
- “They’re Not Going to Even Pay My Medical Bills?” – Issues Getting Medical Bills Into Evidence at Trial
- Can I Get Punitive Damages In My Case?
- 10 Ways to Lose Your Personal Injury Case
- Congratulations to Our Leading and Emerging Lawyers!
Tag Archives: dram shop liability
Seeking Compensation for an Illinois DUI Car Accident Injury
While the holiday season may be the most festive time of the year, holiday parties mean an uptick in drunk driving accidents on our roadways. The U.S. Department of Transportation says 781 Americans were killed in alcohol-related car accidents in December of 2016, and an average of 300 people die in DUI crashes between Christmas and New Year’s annually. If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by a drunk driver, you have multiple legal options to seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. …
Read More »
Illinois Judge Awards $37.5 Million in Dram Shop Liability Case
When a drunk driver causes an accident, he or she is generally liable for any injuries or fatalities that occur as a result. For most injured victims, the first step in recovering compensation is to file a lawsuit against the intoxicated driver, but there may be other parties who could share in the liability for the accident. In fact, there are situations in which bars, restaurants, or other establishments could be held responsible for overserving the drunk driver prior to the crash. A Fatal Night Last month, a judge in …
Read More »