- Matthew Heimlich’s DCBA Brief Article “Five Essential Differences Between Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Neglect Cases”
- “They’re Not Going to Even Pay My Medical Bills?” – Issues Getting Medical Bills Into Evidence at Trial
- Can I Get Punitive Damages In My Case?
- 10 Ways to Lose Your Personal Injury Case
- Congratulations to Our Leading and Emerging Lawyers!
Tag Archives: contributory negligence
Understanding Illinois Law Regarding Comparative Fault
When a car accident, slip-and-fall, or any other type of injury-causing accident occurs, determining who was at fault is an important element of the case. Assigning fault typically determines which party will be responsible for paying for any resulting injuries or property damages. In some situations, fault is fairly easy to determine. For example, a driver who runs a red light and hits a pedestrian who was legally crossing the street would probably be considered at fault. In other situations, the determination of fault is more complex, as two or …
Read More »