Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle collisions are one of the most common causes of injury. If you’ve been injured by another driver, contact the experienced attorneys at Walsh, Knippen & Cetina, Chartered and get the legal representation you deserve.
- Review the Illinois Traffic Crash Report
- Review and take photographs of the scene and vehicles
- Review videos, including red light cameras and surveillance videos
- Review and obtain witness statements
- Review and obtain cell phone records
- Review and obtain “black box” information
- Consult with leading experts in relevant fields, including accident reconstructionists, biomechanical engineers, and physicians
- Analyze the insurance policies and coverage applicable in the case
- Ensure documents are timely and correctly filed
- Negotiate with the insurance companies
- Propound and answer written discovery
- Present the client for deposition and take depositions of other parties, fact witnesses, damages witnesses, and experts
- Argue in court, at trial, and on appeal
- Ensure all medical bills are paid
Illinois Car Accident Injury Lawyers
The good news is that Illinois motor vehicle deaths have significantly decreased over the past ten years. The bad news is that every year around 1,000 people still lose their lives in auto accidents in the state, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Securing the Compensation You Deserve
At Walsh, Knippen & Cetina, Chartered, our personal injury attorneys file auto accident injury claims on behalf of people who were seriously injured in all types of motor vehicle accidents. We also represent the family members of those who suffered a wrongful death in a fatal accident.
We help injury victims recover compensation for damages, some of which include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, and property damage. We have obtained numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients, including a $1.9 million settlement for a woman who was catastrophically injured in a head-on collision with a construction company truck and a $1.25 million settlement for a pedestrian struck and severely injured in a parking lot.
Our law firm represents clients injured in a wide variety of motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents, including accidents caused by speeding.
- Motorcycle accidents
- SUV rollovers
- 15 passenger van accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Drunk driving accidents
- Dangerous and defective roadways
- Pedestrian-car accidents
- Bicycle-car accidents
- Public bus and school bus accidents
- Rideshare accidents (including Uber and Lyft)
- ATV accidents
- Defective auto parts
- Electric scooter accidents
Whether you were injured in a head-on collision with a drunk driver, hit by a speeding semi-truck, or hurt when a distracted driver on a cell phone caused a crash, we can help.
Building A Solid Case
Our law firm will investigate the circumstances of your auto accident and determine all possible sources of financial compensation. We will analyze the facts of the case, make use of the latest technology, and compose a compelling argument for full compensation for damages.
To learn more about this area of our practice, please review our auto accident case histories. To discuss your auto accident injury claim, please contact our office in Wheaton, Illinois for a free consultation and case evaluation.