Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse Attorneys
The Illinois Nursing Home Care Act (“NHCA”) was adopted amid concerns over reports of inadequate, improper, and degrading treatment of patients in nursing homes.
The NHCA defines “neglect” as a facility’s failure to provide, or willful withholding of, adequate medical care, personal care, or assistance with activities of daily living.
If you or a loved one has been injured at a nursing home, contact one of our experienced nursing home negligence attorneys for a free consultation.
- Procure Illinois Department of Public Health documents and submit complaints
- Review medical records
- Consult with nursing and medical experts to determine liability and damages
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Represent your interests in court from case filing through trial
- Ensure your medical bills are paid
Illinois Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse Attorneys
Nursing home residents are often injured by the very people entrusted with the care of our frail or elderly loved ones.
If a member of your family suffered from nursing home neglect or abuse, you know that residents often do not have the resiliency to spring back from an injury. A bed sore or a broken hip can trigger a rapid decline in health that results in premature death.
Nursing Home Residents Have Rights
The attorneys of Walsh, Knippen & Cetina, Chartered stand up for the rights of nursing home residents. We seek full financial compensation for damages caused by nursing home neglect and abuse.
Our lawyers represent clients who have suffered extremely serious injuries or family members of those who died a wrongful death because of nursing home neglect and abuse, such as:
- Failure to prevent life-threatening bed sores
- Medication errors and overdoses
- Failure to properly monitor
- Improper wound care
- Failure to properly screen employees
- Failure to establish or implement fall prevention plans
- Failure to monitor diabetes
- Failure to provide medical services
Compensating Victims, Encouraging Responsible Behavior
Large verdicts and settlements in nursing home neglect and abuse cases compensate injured individuals. They also encourage responsible behavior by nursing home owners—from those who own a single facility to large companies that own and manage many homes.
To arrange a free consultation about a case of nursing home neglect or abuse, please contact our law firm today.