Illinois Medication Administration Error Lawsuits
Today more than ever, health problems are treated with prescription medications.
At Walsh, Knippen & Cetina, Chartered, in Wheaton, Illinois, our medical malpractice attorneys represent clients who have suffered serious injury due to medication errors, such as:
- Pharmacy errors: A mix up at the pharmacy can result in a patient receiving a drug meant for another person. Pharmacists may misread the doctor’s prescription or mislabel the drug.
- Overdosing: More is not better where pharmaceutical products are concerned. Patients can die from a morphine overdose or too much of nearly any medication. Patients in both hospitals and nursing homes are at risk for medicine overdoses by nurses or other staff.
- Underdosing: Not enough medication can be as harmful as too much.
- Wrong medication: Patients can be given the wrong medication because of a doctor’s mistake, a misread prescription, or a nurse’s error. However it happens, the consequences can be devastating.
- Failure to prevent medication interactions: Doctors may prescribe medications without checking for the possibility of unfavorable interactions among drugs or allergies, which can cause serious injury.
- Failure to administer life-saving drugs: Certain drugs can prevent patients from sustaining the worst effects of a stroke or heart attack, but they must be given in a timely manner. Doctors who have an opportunity to administer one of these drugs, but fail to do so, may be guilty of malpractice.
High Standards of Ethics and Integrity
Our medical malpractice law firm only accepts cases in which patients are seriously harmed by medication errors. Our high standards of integrity and ethics have not gone unnoticed.
Because we never file unjustified lawsuits against medical providers, our trial lawyers are able to obtain highly qualified medical experts to review the medical evidence and present compelling testimony in cases involving medication errors.
If you have been injured because of a medication error, please contact our law firm for a free consultation. Follow the link below to read about a multimillion dollar case involving medication errors.
$2.2 million: Failure to properly administer the heart drug Tambacor