Wheaton, Illinois Cancer Misdiagnosis Attorneys
The sooner you treat a serious disease the better your chances of survival. When a doctor fails to diagnose or misdiagnoses a health problem, the patient loses the chance to get early and effective treatment.
At Walsh, Knippen & Cetina, Chartered, in Wheaton, Illinois, our medical malpractice attorneys have a long and impressive record of success in cases involving failure to diagnose and misdiagnosis.
Doctors Miss Primary Diseases and Conditions They Caused
We represent clients whose physicians failed to diagnose diseases such as breast cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, colon cancer, and more. We also represent clients whose doctors failed to diagnose and treat conditions and complications caused by surgical malpractice or medication errors.
The Simple Answer, Not the Right One
In many cases of misdiagnosis, doctors fail to look for other possible explanations of a patients symptoms. For example:
- Heart burn, instead of heart attack or aortic dissection
- Impetigo in an infant instead of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV), which can be lethal within 72 hours
- A sprain or bruise rather than compartment syndrome, deep vein thrombosis (“DVT”), or pulmonary embolism.
Did your doctor fail to read an ultra sound or EKG, or fail to order a crucial test? Did a cancer misdiagnosis result in the premature death of a loved one?
Please contact our medical malpractice lawyers to discuss your case. The initial consultation is free and you will pay no attorney fees unless and until we obtain financial compensation in your malpractice claim.
A Sampling of Successful Cases:
- $5.7 million: Failure to diagnose Group B Strep
- $2.6 million: Failure to diagnose intestinal angina
- $1.73 million: Failure to diagnose vitamin B12 deficiency illness
- $1.1 million: Failure to diagnose colon cancer